First I want to apologize for my horrible grammar and spelling. I don't really go over anything and am usually very tired when I am writing.
I would like to take you back almost 5 years ago when I spent my Spring Break traveling all over the south of Spain. It was so much fun, until the night before our flight back to the states. I woke up in the middle of the night and began throwing up. This didn't stop for hours. I could barely hold myself up or function. Upon arriving at the airport in Madrid, I was basically told, "Stupid hung-over American, you cannot fly if you are sick." I was not hung-over because I had not been drinking, so I had to suck it up and try not to look sick. Unfortunately, as soon as I attempted to not look sick, I began dry heaving. Pretty sight right? Finally the airport personnel took me to their doctor, where I was given a shot that was supposed to cease the vomiting. However, it did not work. Somehow I managed to get on the plane back to the states. I was still getting sick on the plane and had busted a blood vessel in my eye because of it. The flight attendants took my temperature (I was running a 103 degree fever) and quarantined me in first class for the remainder of the flight. When I got home to the states and went to the doctor, they did not know what I had come down with; it caused me to lose about 20 lbs.
It must be something about Spanish cultures... My first day in Punta Arenas I had to go to the hospital for my ear. Yes, it was/is that bad. I had to give them my passport in order for them to get my age, etc. When the receptionist was writing down my information, somehow she looked at the date my passport was issued and wrote that down as my birth date. When the nurse came to get me, he looked down at me, laughed, and said, "She is not 6 years old!" Funniest thing ever. Any ways, when the doctor finally came in to look at my ear all I heard her say was, "Ohh no... es muy feo." (For those who do not know it means: It's very ugly. No good.) Great, not good. At all. It turns out that I have a bacterial infection in my right ear. My eardrum could have ruptured because of flying like I did. I am so lucky that it didn't.
I've been loaded down with antibiotics, ear drops, and pain killers. Most sounds hurt my ear and it feels like I have an ocean stuck inside my ear. The pain feels like someone is stabbing me in the ear with a sharp pencil. It's Friday night, fiesta night en la casa and I am having to miss the dance party, drinking of wine and beer, and conversing with the rest of the Nomadas crew because of it. Of course this would happen to me. I'm so bummed that I can't be living it up with them right now, but the doctor said no alcohol with the antibiotics (a whole 7 days worth of antibiotics). Hopefully I will be a little better by the morning so that I can join everyone and go see the penguins North of Punta Arenas. Ciao.
I would like to take you back almost 5 years ago when I spent my Spring Break traveling all over the south of Spain. It was so much fun, until the night before our flight back to the states. I woke up in the middle of the night and began throwing up. This didn't stop for hours. I could barely hold myself up or function. Upon arriving at the airport in Madrid, I was basically told, "Stupid hung-over American, you cannot fly if you are sick." I was not hung-over because I had not been drinking, so I had to suck it up and try not to look sick. Unfortunately, as soon as I attempted to not look sick, I began dry heaving. Pretty sight right? Finally the airport personnel took me to their doctor, where I was given a shot that was supposed to cease the vomiting. However, it did not work. Somehow I managed to get on the plane back to the states. I was still getting sick on the plane and had busted a blood vessel in my eye because of it. The flight attendants took my temperature (I was running a 103 degree fever) and quarantined me in first class for the remainder of the flight. When I got home to the states and went to the doctor, they did not know what I had come down with; it caused me to lose about 20 lbs.
It must be something about Spanish cultures... My first day in Punta Arenas I had to go to the hospital for my ear. Yes, it was/is that bad. I had to give them my passport in order for them to get my age, etc. When the receptionist was writing down my information, somehow she looked at the date my passport was issued and wrote that down as my birth date. When the nurse came to get me, he looked down at me, laughed, and said, "She is not 6 years old!" Funniest thing ever. Any ways, when the doctor finally came in to look at my ear all I heard her say was, "Ohh no... es muy feo." (For those who do not know it means: It's very ugly. No good.) Great, not good. At all. It turns out that I have a bacterial infection in my right ear. My eardrum could have ruptured because of flying like I did. I am so lucky that it didn't.
I've been loaded down with antibiotics, ear drops, and pain killers. Most sounds hurt my ear and it feels like I have an ocean stuck inside my ear. The pain feels like someone is stabbing me in the ear with a sharp pencil. It's Friday night, fiesta night en la casa and I am having to miss the dance party, drinking of wine and beer, and conversing with the rest of the Nomadas crew because of it. Of course this would happen to me. I'm so bummed that I can't be living it up with them right now, but the doctor said no alcohol with the antibiotics (a whole 7 days worth of antibiotics). Hopefully I will be a little better by the morning so that I can join everyone and go see the penguins North of Punta Arenas. Ciao.

Post a Comment