My family back in the states sent a care package to me recently… well I received it recently, but it took 3 weeks for it to arrive in Punta Arenas. It contained a ton of great goodies and sweet thoughtful things from my immediate family as well as my accumulated family. I want to thank you all for your thoughtfulness and I miss you all so much! But one thing, in particular, stood out to me the most and has jump started my mind on what country I will conquer next. My mom sent me a book called Delaying the Real World. Side note: I am so lucky to have a family that supports my dreams and ambitions as much as mine do. Without them, I wouldn't be able to do the things that I have done and feel like I've accomplished something. Back to my point… I am going to school (graduating soon woo!) to become an Advertiser and have a minor in marketing, but after living in Chilean Patagonia my eyes have been opened (also thanks to the book my mom sent me). I love marketing and advertising, but have accumulated a new found passion for remote countries. So long Europe, hello Thailand, Korea, Japan, China, Nepal, possibly Costa Rica, Bali, Argentina, Morocco, Peru… I am thinking that I might take a year to move to one of these places to teach English as a second language to some lucky kids, who I am sure will get a kick out of my teaching skills. This of course hasn't been fully decided upon. I am also thinking about moving more towards marketing for Eco Tourism or something along preserving nature. Who knows where in the world I will move to next. I am still planning to join my friend R.J., who is hiking the Appalachian Trail starting in March, in backpacking parts of the Appalachian Trail on and off for a few weeks at a time.![]() |
| (Somewhere on the AT) |
![]() |
| (P.s. The blue line is the trail that we backpacked in the Torres Del Paine. I forgot to show you.) |
The race is now only a or so weeks away, so the office is one massive building of insanity. Nights at work are now ending at 12 am, work is rolling over into our weekends, and the Internet hasn't been working. This adds more stress to everyone in the office, because we rely solely on the Internet to get things done.
This is what makes me excited about my job and reminds me that this is why I came:
On a little more interesting note, I have decided to get a tattoo while I am here of the stars that are on the Magallanes flag on my left wrist. Sorry mom… but one of my Chilean friends has officially talked me into it! So until then. Trek on.



Post a Comment