That Loco Thing Called... Life?!

13 May 2011 23:48 Rambling by: Shae
(My life today...)
My last post kind of sucked. I'm still trying to get my life together since I've been back. So many things have happened. Especially since I have a new job. It's interesting to say the least! And good for me to have until I am back on my feet again. (Funny how the song I'm listening to right now is "Things Ain't Like They Used To Be" by the Black Keys.)
 


I have found myself living out of many different hotels every week… if not every other day, for my job of course. I am no longer a nomad at the end of the world in beautiful Patagonia, but I am now a nomad in the city… and I'm not a fan. I would much rather be living 8 deep in a tiny shack house that we called Casa Amarilla, eating an all carb diet, gaining weight out of my ears, palta on EVERYTHING, having only a few outfits to pick from, not caring about wearing make-up, speaking Spanish and not really understanding it, and watching Californication with my best friends on a tiny computer screen. I prefer it that way. Weird, I know. But I crave culture and adventure… and I feel that the culture, here, has been sucked dry… it no longer exists where I am, and as cute as Charleston, South Carolina is at times… it will never compare to Chile and I definitely do not enjoy being in the hot, humid South. The humidity here hits you like a brick wall when you walk outside. GROSS!

(We find some awesome set-ups in our hotel rooms sometimes...)
I'm back to the place where I am judged everyday on looks and I actually have to wake up early, put on make-up, pick out a cute outfit, and fix my hair. O my gosh what has this world come to?! Shae Rossetti is actually wearing something other than hiking clothes and the same 5 outfits… What an interesting thought. I must say that I didn't think that I could look and act like, what my mom calls, "a lady," but it happened and I am in fact presentable in Corporate America. And can I say that I HATE It. If I had it my way… I would already be finished with college and I would be living in some other country, doing some crazy environmental job for no money at all… but LOVING every minute of it. (And dying from debt. Possibly running from the U.S. government because I couldn't afford to repay my student loans. Just kidding!!!)


(Me, Liz, and Rachelle)
I miss listening to awesome tunes after work and eating… always eating. Golden Nuss and palta!! All the time! Attempting to dine and dash, and failing miserably. It was the first and last time that I try that. Having loud parties, not going to bed until 4 or 5 am, and rolling into work whenever we felt like it. I miss not having a cell phone, not having a TV, and not knowing about all of the terrible world destruction and sadness going on. Now I feel like I am surrounded by it. Ever since I returned to the U.S. there have been natural disasters everywhere. Tornadoes wreaked havoc across the South and actually affected a few of my friends and family, the Mississippi River is overflowing and flooding everything in its path… gas prices have sky rocketed… I'm sure you don't need an overview of it all. I miss sharing good times, inside jokes, and secrets with who I like to consider my best friends. I miss just hanging out and being relaxed… chilling with incredibly chill people. Maybe when I FINALLY make it to Denver, I will find some of that stability I need right now. 




I was talking to one of my co-workers the other day and we were discussing what we would do if we won the lottery. My answers:
1.) PAY OFF COLLEGE LOANS!!!
2.) Pay off my parent's bills.
3.) Make sure my little sister had a massive college fund and could attend where ever she wanted.
4.) Take care of my Grandparents and parents
5.) Buy my mom the villa she has wanted her entire life in Tuscany or the house she really wants in Ireland. Heck… why not both?
6.) Give a bit to my church family.
7.) Throw a ton of money in the bank! Savingsssss!
8.) Sketch out of the states and head somewhere… interesting (on a budget. It's more fun that way).

I realized after explaining what I would do with the money, that I don't really want anything. I want to repay everyone back who has helped me on my crazy world journey and then I would just want to travel the world… but not in luxury style. That's just not fun or adventurous! I would travel the world like I still do today, except not freak out because I only have $10 in my bank account. Money doesn't impress me, I hate the fact that it's a necessity and that I need it to survive. Things don't make me happy… what I am doing and who I surround myself with makes me happy. I don't know why I am blogging about these things… it is definitely not a normal blog post of mine. Sorry guys!! On a lighter note...
Here are some flash backs of awesome trips with my best friends:
(Paris with Kelly 2009)
(Colombia, South America with my cousin Debbie 2009)
(New Years 2010 in Amsterdam with Kelly)
(Christmas in Ireland with my little sister 2008)
But, I miss everyone. Melissa (aka Pancho, Tranny-Boy, Snack-a-ga-wea, Groceries, you name it, we nicknamed her), Chelsea (aka my Scandalous Partner in Crime… we were always trying to hold hands, and I slept on top… of our bunk bed!), Arnaud (aka The French… need I say more?), Ignacio (aka O God "I LOOOOOVVVVEEE THESE GIRLS!!!" Iggy Pop, Igz, Tix, Boy, LOUD, dramaaaa to the fullest, can't help but love him), all of my Chilean friends that I made while living down there, Robert (aka Berto), Brian (aka MTV Producer gone Adventure Race seeking!), Ben (aka Phish Fanatic and the official tunes keeper of casa amarilla), Jenny (aka well… I can't say what her famous saying was, so I'll call her Sweet Treats haha), Emily and Lee (aka the most awesome outdoor couple ever)… There are just so many people that I could write about… but won't because I know this is a long and probably boring blog post. Flash back of pure Chilean bliss:




(Here's to fun times at PC Trece Trece!!!)
I have been enjoying my time spent on the road with the company I am currently working for. Especially hanging out with my cousin. It's been chill. But I'm ready to unpack all of my bags for the first time in forever and have a place to call home… or at least somewhere where I don't have to keep packing and repacking my suitcase and massive pack everyday. We work our butt's off and don't take weekends off. Sunday's sometimes… killer!!! I'm going to need some major down time when I get to Denver. I am counting own the days until I finally get there! It's like Denver is some kind of magical place that I have yet to see… however… I somehow live there. Funny thing. So here's to the future!




Ooo heyyy. Did I mention the 2011 WPER Vid is finally out? Check out what my job was all about when living in Patagonia! It's kind of awesome:





Until next time… Trek on.

0 Response to "That Loco Thing Called... Life?!"

Post a Comment