One Door Closes, but Another Always Opens

08 May 2011 20:56 Rambling by: Shae
I've been off the radar for a month or so... It's been because I have been trying to transition back into the American way of life... among other things. Sorry for being sketchy with my blog posts!!

Another journey begins… it seems as though I live in an airport. I am always coming and going from one place to another and I am definitely not complaining about it one bit. I love to travel, but hate leaving the friends that I made behind. I will be visiting a few countries this year to say hi to a few of them… whether they like it or not!


My time living in Chilean Patagonia has come to an end, but the memories and friends will, hopefully, remain forever. I hope to someday return to Chile (possibly soon!!) even if it's just for a day trip. I have to admit that I kind of fell in love with the country. I find myself blurting out random quotes or inside jokes that a few of us had. Needless to say, my family officially thinks that I'm weird. I don't really blame them. We (or at least me) did pick up some really odd habits while living in Punta Arenas… Here are some last few pics of living in P.A.:


(Our FAVORITE place to eat: Lomitos!!)


(So true!!... when trekking.)


(The cemetery in Punta Arenas)








(It was huge.)


(Arnaud celebrated his 22nd in Punta Arenas... So Melissa and I had to put together a birthday treat for him: Chocapics, Tobleron, and Coronas.)




(O... and we had to get him the crown!)


(Me, the birthday princess, and Melissa.)


(Arnaud, Brian, and Melissa)


(O boys...)


(Melissa, Igz, and me)


(Hahahahha)


(Ooo the birthday princess...)


(Got to love him haha)




(We found another Casa Amarilla!!)


(We were a little overly excited about finding it.)


(Black Sheep!!)





















Before I called it quits and headed back to the states, my friends Melissa, Chelsea, Arnaud, and I all went to Santiago for a few days to visit some of our friends that we had made when the race was going on. It was an interesting trip to say the least! We were always on the go… if anything, that trip made me realize how important it is to have a cell phone and a computer when you are trying to meet up with people. It's just completely impossible to do when you don't have one… or just a pain in the butt to do so without being connected to the world. I loved not having a cell phone when I was living in Punta Arenas, but when in Santiago having a cell phone is a must. No question.
A few pics of our time in Santiago:


(Arnaud)
(Chelsea)


(Carlos)










(I miss these guys so much!)


(Trouble at the end of the table.)


(Chelsea resorted to cutting with a credit card. haha)


(The meanest game everrrr! Leave it to the French.)


As I am writing this, I am in, yet, another airport. Seems to be my safe place lately… I have officially been back in the states for exactly a month now and left for a different state after 2 weeks of being home. Of course I couldn't stay put long in one place. Who do you think I am? So I was headed to Denver, Colorado to go work with my cousin for a little while. My job consists of traveling all over the U.S. Doing what? I do marketing and promotions for salon and spas across the U.S. So currently I'm in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I can't wait to be in Denver!!  Of course, I have a feeling there will be a ton of fun stories to share while I am traveling the states. A few blog posts will still go up, but less frequently than when I was living in Chile. The U.S. just doesn't excite me as much… BUT! As soon as I head off to some other country (which will be soon), I will be sure to tell of my adventures.


So until next time… Trek on.

2 Response to "One Door Closes, but Another Always Opens"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    miss you! love the pictures... oh, there is way too much I could write here!
    i know i'll see you soon. Til then- Ams out!

    xoxo
    chelsea

  2. Shae Says:

    Haha I miss you sosososo much!! Man. The inside jokes that we have all shared! It seems like Chile never happened. I wish we could all go back. I miss it... and hate being back to real life! Come to Vegas in June!
    Rossetti... OUT!
    xx

Post a Comment